Ramadhan Reflections

  • Tuesday, April 28, 2020
  • By hannahboomzx
  • 0 Comments

Day five.

I've been having sleep problems ever since I quit nursing a little over 6 months ago. It's weird, I know. On just 4 hours of sleep, I used to be able to survive a full shift, make sure my patients don't die/fall and still head to the gym after. Now, I can barely sit down and study even with 8 hours of sleep. I've been on sleeping pills, pillow mist, sleep balms, duaas, you name it, I've probably tried it. 

Last night, as I was tossing in bed, as usual, it dawned upon me why I used to be able to survive with very little sleep. I remembered every night before I sleep I would ask Allah to help me to fall asleep and still make sure I wake up on time for work. I tried that last night and lo and behold! I woke up feeling fresh with only 5 hours of sleep. maybe this is a wake-up call to make me realise how I've missed Him out in my daily conversations. Maybe I haven't been asking from Him anymore. Nauzubillah, I've felt so complete these past few months, like I don't need His help anymore. But in reality, I need Him more than ever. To help ease this COVID-19 situation, to help me through my degree and to help me through my marriage. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments