Travelogue: Bangkok part 1

  • Saturday, December 28, 2013
  • By hannahboomzx
  • 0 Comments

Well, I think it's time to update this mundane page. Much apologies.

So the holidays are here! Well, it's almost over for me. Anyway, I just came back from the greatest shopping heaven - Bangkok! So here's just a little insight of how my holiday went! 


Day 1 outfit: Korea tribal shawl | F21 denim vest | Old grey jeans | Gifted pink high cut converse | Casio watch | Ray-ban wayfarer shades |




We were basically really really really excited for this long-awaited shopping trip. It would be my second time over at Bangkok and I can't stop loving it. But what made this trip more special was that it would be a trip with my cousins. We basically went crazy even before reaching Bangkok!




Nothing beats sitting in an air plane, thousands of feet above the ground and just looking at clouds. I would live on a cloud if I could. 



















We went on a free and easy trip so we took the train over to the hotel. The train honestly felt like the normal MRT train you would find here in Singapore. But being a tourist and all, I just had to snap pictures. So once we went down, we were supposed to walk over to the hotel, but gave up halfway cause our luggage was just crazy. And these were just shots along the way. Although it's my second time here, I'm still amazed at the number of street stalls you can find over there. I mean, they just pop up anywhere and everywhere selling food, clothes, accessories, etc. It's really a wonderful and different sight to what we have here. 










Once we got settled into the hotel, it was pretty late already. So after washing up and doing our prayers, we went down for dinner and just to walk about the area. We stayed in the Pratunam region which is probably the best place to stay. Our hotel was literally a 2 minute walk away from the Pratunam market which has one of the most happening night life in Bangkok. Well, not clubs and pubs happening, but, you get what I mean. I planned not to get any shopping done on the first day since we were there for six days, but looking at the amount of gorgeous clothes, I couldn't help but get myself a few pieces. There's quite a few hotels in the region - Pratunam Pavillion, Hotel 91. Just to name a few. If you're planning to go, these hotels are the best! Shopping access almost 24/7. The shops open as early as 6 and close as late as 1 or 2 in the morning!




And of course, to end the night, we managed to get our hands on some coconut ice cream. It's 10 times cheaper than you could get in Singapore and tastes a million times better! Ended the night on a sweet note before a more hectic day that awaits.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments